Translate

Thursday, March 24, 2016

6 reasons why I chose to attend a Community College

Community college has been one of the best decisions of my life. community college has always been my first choice. When I was a Senior in high school, I only applied to one college and it was a community college. I researched 4-year and 2-year colleges and the 2-year college was the best choice. Below are 10 reasons why I chose to attend a community college.



1) A community college is so much cheaper than a regular university: I attended two years at a community college for less than one year at an university. I'm saving money by living at home and basically i'm going to college for free with the help of grants and scholarships. If I attended a 4-year to begin with, I probably would have to get loans.

2) I got my basics out of the way: All of my classes are finished. I just have to do the classes for my degree when I transfer which is wonderful.

3) Smaller classes: The classes at a community college are so much smaller. Most of my classes had 20 to 25 people. This is compared to 100 plus people that will probably in my classes at a university. This helps because you are not just a face. The teachers actually know you and interact with you outside of class. Office hours are also easier. There are less students to meet with.

4) The atmosphere: I love my community college. It is small like the high school I attended. The atmosphere is amazing. There is always something happening. I love walking through the quad and the buildings. It just amazing. The people are always so kind and helpful and so great.

5) The clubs: The clubs are just great. There is one for everyone. I have met so many friend's through the clubs. They have also helped me grow up. I used to not be so outgoing but being in so many clubs got me out of my comfort zone and allowed me to experience college.

6) It was close to home: The community college I decided to attend is 30 minutes from my house. I can still live at home and not have to pay a house payment or pay for a dorm. I'm saving tons of money so I can use the money for something else.

Those were some of the reasons why I chose to attend a community college so close to home. I really appreciate the decision I made and I just didn't go off right ahead when the rest of my classmates did. I have had a lot of experiences attending ESCC that I may have never had if I attended another college. God placed me in this college that has helped me become who I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment