Translate

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Legacy

What kind of legacy do you want to leave everyone when you die?

This was just suddenly on my mind tonight. A local weatherman that everyone knew of died a week or two from a heart attack. He had been in and out of the hospital for the past year but he had just got out of the hospital the day before his heart attack. He had the heart attack during this huge storm that we had over that weekend. It was so fitting for him.

But he was loved and respected by not just people around the wiregrass but people in Northern Alabama and Texas. Everyone knew of him. And everyone knew of his sense of humor and love of Jesus Christ.

The local news dedicated the news to him the next night. Like they shared videos of him and stories. He was known and loved by a lot of people. Everyone had such nice things to say about him. I also went on his Facebook and read what people were posting. They were such nice words and everyone was talking about his love for the Lord.

I want to leave a legacy like that. I want to be known as the girl that was so on fire for God. That God's love shined through her. That she didn't let anyone stop her from worshipping God.

I don't want to be known for being beautiful or having a pretty smile. Don't get me wrong. Those are nice to be remembered for but not the only thing.

We should want to be remembered for our love of God. That we were on fire for Him. That people got to know Him through us.

That is the legacy that I hope to leave. That is the legacy that God wants us to leave.

What legacy are you leaving? Do you want to be known for loving God with all of your heart and being on fire for Him? I know that I do and you should too.

No comments:

Post a Comment