Translate

Monday, December 25, 2017

Did my hopes for 2017 work out?

I was looking through my blog post from last year and saw that I did a post with my hopes for 2017. While I was reading, I realized that a lot of the hopes that I had for my life didn't come true. That's okay. I know that I have had an awesome year that has been full of lessons. Listed below are the hopes that I had for this year and what came of them. 

My 1st hope for 2017: is that I focus on myself this year. My happiness will be placed first. If it doesn't make me happy or help myself grow, I am not going to focus on it.
 This first hope did not exactly work out. At the beginning of the year, I was focused on myself then I got hurt and started placing other things in front of myself.
My 2nd hope for 2017: grow more into God's word. I will spend more time praying and reading God's word more. I will be spending more time with Him and just grow more in my faith.
This hope kinda came true. I did grow into God's word this year. There was a point in this year where I did blame him and didn't trust him but during that time was when I needed him the most. 
My 3rd hope for 2017: lose weight and get healthier. I hope that by the end of this year, I am healthier and I lose weight. It isn't going to be easy but I am determined.
This did not happen but it will in 2018. This is my main goal the next year. 
My 4th hope for 2017: no more temporary people. Don't be afraid of cutting people off that aren't good for you. I will not focus on people that are going to be temporary. And if I have people in my life that become toxic, I will cut them off.
 Yep. This one did not work out. I had a lot of temporary people come into my life. Either for good or bad. I got hurt a lot by these temporary people.
My 5th hope for 2017: chase your dreams, cause if you never try you never know. I will chase my dream as far as I can. I will try things that I have never tried before. I may fail but it is worth trying.
This one did come true. I chased my dreams this year. I tried new things that I never had done before. I became a better and different person from last year. This is the hope that I hoped would have happened.

These are some more hopes that I had for 2017:


  • fresh opportunities
  • new experiences 
  • amazing friendships
  • peace and relaxation
  • revival
  • unbelievable growth
  • me closer to God and able to share His love with other people
These last hopes did come true mostly. Looking back to the beginning of the year, I have had some amazing opportunities and experiences. I look forward to sharing them in my post that is scheduled for the 31st of this month. 

I hope you all have had a Merry Christmas and I look forward to talking to y'all in my next blog post. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment