Translate

Sunday, December 31, 2017

My 2017

2017 has been a whirlwind of emotions. This year has been a split between my best and worst year. But the one thing that has stayed the same is God. He was always there for me through everything even if I didn't realize it. Even when I turned way away from Him. He was there.

This post is to reflect on my 2017. The good and bad memories that happened. The memories that have changed my life. I am not the same person I was when this year started. I have grown up a lot this year for several reasons.

So I hope you all enjoy a trip down memory lane.

January

The start of 2017. During this month, exciting things happened. I got into the Education Program at the college I attend. This is something I worked for in 2016 and it was nice to see my efforts become into something. 

My family also welcomed a puppy into our family at the end of this month. This puppy has brought so much joy to my family and we love him so much.


I also started teaching Preschool kids during Sunday School. This has brought so much joy in my life. I love these kids and they allow me to incorporate my two passions. Kids and Jesus.


February

February was National Human Trafficking Month. I celebrated by wearing a red "X" on my hand to raise awareness.


March 

On the 24th of this month, I went out with an amazing guy that I started talking to last year but I have known him since 2014. He cooked me supper and then we sat there and talked for 4 hours. It was so much fun and I really enjoyed it.

April

During this month, I decided to do fully online classes and start substituting full time. This was the best decision of my life. I found my true purpose in life is to teach kids.

May

The guy that I was talking to in March quit talking to me. He left my texts unanswered. Snapchats were seen but unanswered. We were doing okay and then the next thing, no contact. This really broke me because he was the first guy that I fully allowed myself to tell everything to.


June

I attended a church camp in Panama City. The same one that I had been attending for 4 years. The week I was there was amazing. I had so much fun with the girls and guys. I also learned more about God and strengthened my relationship with him.



July

This month was Vacation Bible School. I didn't really participate this year. I helped in the kitchen but I didn't lead a class. I did get the opportunity to take pictures later on in the week. Another exciting thing was that I got to participate on a night in the play.


August

I started back to school. I did night and online classes. This month, I fully dove in with substituting. I was subbing every day and enjoyed it.

I also grew closer to this guy that I have known since 2014 and found out that he liked me but he attends a college further north. He is one of my best friends and I am so glad that he is in my life. I can tell him anything and not worry about him judging me.


September

Nothing really exciting happened during this month except that my school, Troy University, defeated LSU during their Homecoming.


October

This month started getting busy. I was completing my classes and starting new ones.

Geneva's Homecoming was also this month. I helped one of my teachers from when I was in high school with her door while I was subbing.



My church had their fall festival.

The guy that cut contact with me starting talking to me and wanting to be my friend again.

And lastly, a lady that I cared for so much died. Her death was a surprise and it really hurt me. She was like a grandmother to all of us and cared for us when she didn't have to.


November

I turned 22.


Thanksgiving happened.

December

This month has been the split between the best and worst month.

I took finals and ended classes.

Christmas came and went.

My puppy turned a year old.


I met this guy at the beginning of December and really clicked with him. I lied to my parents and met him at his house. We talked and then made-out. The next day, he ignored me. He's still married and has a son.

I met another guy and hit it off with him. He ignored me.

I got the opportunity to babysit this little boy that I have in the nursery.


These are some of  the exciting things that happened to me during this year. I am looking forward to 2018 and what it brings for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment