Translate

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Top 11 Christmas Movies

I basically love Christmas and everything that deals with it. But Christmas are my favorite thing. I love the story lines to them and just how they make me feel. I have been watching Christmas movies since before Halloween. I am going to be sad when they aren't played on tv anymore.

My family has always been big Christmas people. We celebrate Christmas very big. We normally sit down together as a family to watch Christmas movies. It is something that we do to relax after a busy day.

I have also included some of my favorite quotes from the movies.

Below I am posting my top 11 Christmas movies. These movies aren't in any particular order. They are just in the order that I think of them in. I have also included some honorable mentions at the end of the list. Here we go:

1) Dr. Suess How The Grinch Stole Christmas- "And what happened, then? Well, in Whoville they say - that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day. And then - the true meaning of Christmas came through, and the Grinch found the strength of *ten* Grinches, plus two!"

2) Polar Express-

  1. "Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see." 
  2. "At one time most of my friends could hear the bell. But as years passed, it fell silent for all of them. Even Sarah found, one Christmas, that she could no longer hear its sweet sound. Though I've grown old, the bell still rings for me...as it does for all who truly believe."
  3. "This bell is a wonderful symbol of the spirit of Christmas, as am I. Just remember, the true spirit of Christmas lies in your heart."




3) It's A Wonderful Life- "Everytime a bell rings, an angel gets his wings"


4) National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation- I seriously can't pick a quote from this movie because the entire movie is amazing.


5) A Charlie Brown Christmas-
"Charlie Brown: I guess you were right, Linus. I shouldn't have picked this little tree. Everything I do turns into a disaster. I guess I really don't know what Christmas is all about.
[shouting in desperation]
Charlie Brown: Isn't there anyone who knows what Christmas is all about?
Linus Van Pelt: Sure, Charlie Brown, I can tell you what Christmas is all about.
[moves toward the center of the stage]
Linus Van Pelt: Lights, please.
[a spotlight shines on Linus]
Linus Van Pelt: "And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, 'Fear not:"
[Linus drops his security blanket on purpose]
Linus Van Pelt: "for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the City of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.' And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.'"
[Luke 2:8-14 KJV]
Linus Van Pelt: [Linus picks up his blanket and walks back towards Charlie Brown] That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown."

6) Miracle on 34th Street- "Faith is believing when common sense tells you not to. Don't you see? It's not just Kris that's on trial, it's everything he stands for. It's kindness and joy and love and all the other intangibles."

7) Prancer- There isn't very many quotable quotes in this movie but it is still really good.

8) The Santa Clause Series-

"Seeing isn't believing. Believing is seeing"
"Lucy: [opening the door to see Curtis] Are you an elf?Curtis, the Experimental Elf: Why, no, of course not.Lucy: Then why do you have pointy ears?Curtis, the Experimental Elf: Because I didn't eat my green vegetables. Do you eat your green vegetables?
Lucy: [covers her ears] Uncle Scott!"




9) Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer- "Why am I such a misfit? I am not just a nitwit. Just because my nose glows... why don't I fit in? "

10) Beauty and the Beast: Enchanted Christmas- "As long as there's Christmas, I truly believe, that hope is the greatest of the gifts we receive."

11) Santa Baby and Santa Baby 2- There are too many quotes to list here.



Honorable Mentions:

Jack Frost

A Christmas Carol

Elf

Frosty

A Christmas Story




What is your favorite Christmas movie? Did I mention it? Have you seen any of the movies that I mentioned? Comment below and tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment