Translate

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Gilmore Girls- A Year in the Making

So this post was spontaneous. I don't know what it will end up as but I hope that it makes sense. It is almost midnight and I am up writing. I am also watching Netflix and this is what prompted this blog post.

I have been watching the new renewal of Gilmore Girls. It is amazing and I am really loving it. It has taken me two days to watch all four episodes. I was never really a fan until recently when I heard that this new series was coming out. I then started binge watching the show on Netflix to catch up for the newer episodes.

My review of the show was that is was amazing. I loved how the producer tried to identify each character. I loved how Luke, Rory, and Lorelei was portrayed. I have been a fan of their's for a while.

But the purpose of this blog post is to talk about Rory and Logan. I actually had a friendship/relationship like their's for 4 years. No, I didn't fly across the world all the time to see him. We saw each other maybe twice in 4 years. I really don't publically put this out there but it is something that has been on my mind recently since I have seen A Year in the Making.

Let me give you a little background story about this guy and me. Let's call him B. B and I went to high school together. We talked and were friends during high school. It wasn't until the summer until my senior year of high school until we both figured out that we had feelings for each other. And at that time, he was halfway across the ocean in Hawaii. It was that way for 4 years. I was in Alabama and he was in Hawaii. It sucked.

We were friends but we weren't in a relationship because of the long-distance. We told each other that we loved each other and wanted to be with each other. We were each other's support system even though we had a time zone between us.

I wasn't the only girl in his life though. I was basically girl like Rory was. He was engaged to a girl and flirt with her one moment and me the next. She didn't live in Hawaii though. I really don't think that I was the only girl that was his other girl.

But I really did love him. I loved him like Rory loved Logan. He was my rock. I depended on him for everything. The one time that I did spend with B was wonderful. We were at Homecoming together. We sat together and talked and flirted like we always did.

This summer we finally said goodbye. It wasn't as dramatic as Rory and Logan's but it was bittersweet. We decided to end it because we didn't feel the same way anymore. I was tired of being the other girl. I will always love him even if it is as a friend. He will always be in my life no matter what. But he won't be in my life as a boyfriend or guy that I like. There is someone else in that position now. This guy is my Luke or Jess. He is great. And I hope to tell y'all about him sometime.

Until then, have a great day. And always remember to follow your dreams because sometimes you meet an amazing guy out of nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment